Re: Insert arbitrary graphical symbols

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Insert arbitrary graphical symbols
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 14:21:14 +0200

There are several possibilities. The simplest is probably to
include TeX commands as text scripts, see
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.0/input/test/out-www/collated-files.html#embedded-tex.ly
To get the correct position, you could play with the extra-offset
property (search the mailing list archives).
It should also be possible to replace ordinary accidentals with
your own symbols by setting properties of the Accidental object, see
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.0/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond-internals/Accidental.html
but I don't know how tricky it is. It's probably much easier if you
have the symbols available in a font than in .eps graphics files.

   Mats

Torsten Anders wrote:
Hi list,

I am new to LilyPond, so I am sorry if I come up with something already
answered lots of time (I searched both doc and mailing list archive
without success yet).

I would like to add some arbitrary graphical symbols into my score.
Particularly, I want to use some special accidentals for microtonal
music (I know that LilyPond meanwhile supports quarter-notes, but that
does not suit my purposes).

I read a bit about \embeddedps: is this the appropriate means for my
purpose? I wonder whether there is perhaps some other means which allows
to include, e.g., some arbitrary *.eps graphics in place of an
accidental.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Torsten Anders