Re: Help with fonts

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Help with fonts
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 11:16:47 +0200

The .map file is probably OK, but the critical thing is that the
feta*.pfa files really belong to your current LilyPond version.

What does
grep CreationDate `kpsewhich feta20.pfa`
return?

The flag -u -lilypond.map tells dvips to use the scalable fonts
*.pfa instead of bitmap fonts *.*pk in the Postscript.
You won't see much of a difference in the .ps file unless you
magnify it but it makes a huge difference in how PDF files
appear on screen.

By the way, could you clarify more exactly what you mean by
"look dreadful".

   /Mats

Robert de Vries wrote:
I have the same problem. The results of the builtin ps conversion look dreadful.