lilypond-book & lilypond-file question

From: José Luis Cruz
Subject: lilypond-book & lilypond-file question
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 19:09:10 +0200

I would like to know how  to use a TEX commands which use an special
latex package from a ly file. Something like\usepackage{} from latex,
but in a *.ly file, for compiling with lilypond. Not with

I have some *.ly files include with lilypondfile{} in my latex
document, and i use TEX commands within it. When i compile my document
with lilypond-book, it compiles perfectly, because in the preamble i
have the \usepackage{} lines.

But when i compile apart the *.ly file with lilypond, gives the error
of an unrecognized command.

Is it possible to include that latex package in the *.ly file? If not,
those *ly files will only compile within a latex document :S

I hope i expressed my question correctly :) And it'll be
understandable. If not, feel free to ask. I'm very interested.

Many, many thanks,

José Luis