[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: a bit of a question...

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: a bit of a question...
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 15:32:28 +0100
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.3) Gecko/20030312

Some more details!

Ray Brohinsky wrote:
The easy production of .pdf files is very attractive, btw. I wonder if
I've missed a control for the dpi of the output of .pdf's? or if that's
been added in 2.0?

If you use ly2dvi -p (in version 1.8 or simply 'lilypon' in version 2.0), you will get scalable vector fonts, so there is no need for any
dpi setting.

Then, I ran convert-ly to upgrade from 1.6.1 to 1.8.1. I had not put a
\version command in the original code, because I'd had some real
problems with the \version command back in 1.2 or 1.4. So I invoked
convert-ly with --from and --to, with the version numbers, and the
output was identical to the input. Then I added the \version command
seen in the code on the web page, and the output differed from the input
by exactly one byte less. Which byte was removed, I haven't determined
yet, because I can't find it. (or the lack of it). I ran ly2dvi -p on
the result, and compared both .ps and .pdf files to the -old versions.
Without any noticeable change in code, there is definitely a change to
the \copyright symbol's handling (which should be happening within LaTeX
or TeX!) and the font has changed.

You can easily compare the old and new files, using the command
diff oldfile newfile.

Are you sure that you ran 'convert-ly -e' after you had
removed the comment on the \version command (the comment is actually the
only byte differing). When I tried convert-ly on your file, it did lots
of changes.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]