command line option to specify output filename?

From: Niki Pantelias
Subject: command line option to specify output filename?
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:59:33 -0500

  Hello,

  Sorry if this question is answered in the documentation somewhere -- I have
not been able to find it.

  Is there a command-line (or other?) option to specify the path and/or
filenames separately for the .pdf, .ps, .dvi, and .tex output files?  I would
like to send each of these to a separate subdirectory to make them easier to
keep track of when generating lots of parts.

  thanks,
  -- Niki