Re: command line option to specify output filename?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: command line option to specify output filename?
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:21:37 -0800

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:59:33 -0500
Niki Pantelias <address@hidden> wrote:
>   Is there a command-line (or other?) option to specify the path and/or
> filenames separately for the .pdf, .ps, .dvi, and .tex output files?  I would
> like to send each of these to a separate subdirectory to make them easier to
> keep track of when generating lots of parts.

Not Lilypond-specific, but a simple script will do that:

piece/
piece/out/
piece/ps/
piece/pdf/
piece/dvi/
etc

ly files are in piece/

shell script:
#!/bin/sh    ## usage: "ly foo." , where the file is foo.ly
cd piece/out.
lilypond ../$1ly
mv $1ps ../ps/
mv $1pdf ../pdf/
mv $1dvi ../dvi/
etc

This will move various output formats into different directories (you could
easily
change the filename as well).  Any leftover temporary files will be in
piece/out; you
could add a "rm -f piece/out/*" at the end of the script if that's desired.

Cheers,
- Graham