Re: xdvi watch

From: donald_j_axel
Subject: Re: xdvi watch
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 15:12:51 +0100

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 12:16:34 +0100
Atte André Jensen <address@hidden> wrote:

> donald_j_axel wrote:
>
> > I have experienced the same with gv some weeks ago.

Atte:
> gv watch works like a charm here...

Donald now:
Good. Isn't it giving a better rendering?  Did it fill your needs?

> > The
> > note-"print" blinked, but nothing changed!

Atte:
> xdvi doesn't blink. If I press "reread" the file is indeed reread.

I meant "blink", not blink. Well, apart from that, xdvi seems
broken here. There are no noteheads, so something is definitely
wrong. I am not digging into that as long as
TeX->dvi->postscript->pdf gives a useable printout.

> Maybe I should have noted that I run debian/unstable...

I am running LilyPond 2.0.1 on a chrooted Gentoo which has given
me more problems than I care to tell. I like Gentoo for many
things, especially for being able to install new packages. In
order to run Lily 2.0.1 I had to have new GUILE/Gnome etc. and I
got that by having a chrooted Gentoo. Lates-packages-Gentoo will
always be unstable, but for Gentoo it is ok.

--
donald_j_axel(at)get2net.dk -- http://d-axel.dk/