Ties to alternate endings

From: Nick Busigin
Subject: Ties to alternate endings
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 14:20:10 -0500 (EST)

I want to have a tie from the main section of a piece to the first note
of both alternative endings.  Here's a simple example of the lilypond
code:

\include "paper16.ly"
\paper  {
  raggedright = ##t
  indent = 0.0\mm
}

mm = \notes
        {
          c4 d e f ~  % want this to tie to both endings
        }

ra = \notes
       {
          f2 d
       }

rb = \notes
       {
         f2 f,
       }

\score {
   \notes {
     \relative c''  {
       \repeat volta 2 { \mm }
       \alternative { { \ra } { \rb } }
     }  %relative
   }  %notes

}  % score

I have attached the output from this code to this email.  As you can
see,  there is only a tie to the f2 of the first alternative ending.
The f2 of the second alternative ending should also show a (truncated)
tie.   How can I make this happen?

Thanks in advance,
                                   Nick

Nick Busigin                                             address@hidden
            Visit Our Indie Jazz CD Construction Project!

PNG image