Re: please formulate a simple rule ...

From: José Luis Cruz
Subject: Re: please formulate a simple rule ...
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 11:49:08 +0100

Hello

> > I've just compiled it, in my sid, and i've found several errors of
> > sound-coordination when playing some of the examples that comes
> > with it, -the ones which have several staves-.
>
> This has to do with your system performance especially if you use
> a softwre MIDI synthesizer like TiMidity, FluidSynth ...

Nope, i use the synth of my SB live, and is the only program in which
i've seen this, playing mids... i've just downgraded to 2.3.2 to test,
and this is not happening with this version.

And about the perfomance of my system, when i say you i feel a lack of
sincronization, i don't mean that it plays stopping all the time. In
fact it plays smoothy, but one track slower than the others.. (i see
it visually too, because paints of red the notes it's playing) so when
the first track is on the 14th bar, the fifth is playing the 12th
bar... just say that. Barlines doesn't match always vertically, i'm
looking... i attach both screenshots so you can see what i'm talking
about. The way you look, the way it sounds...

:) And that is not happening with 2.3.2. Maybe is my sistem fault, i
don't know (i don't think so).

I know my kernel is not preemtive nor low-latency, in the other
hand. Because when I compile with the preemtive option (either in 2.4
or 2.6) then I can't record sound, because it sounds cutted :S and i
don't know why, if you can tell me..

> It should output:
>
>  LilyPond check: found version: 2.1.6
>  WITHOUT semicolons.
>  WITH wavelines (for trills)
>  WITH slures in graces
>  NOTE LENGTHs after chords
>
> If not: Is the lilypond command in your PATH ?

For sure, but it prints those lines in terminal output and i was
starting the program by menu :$ hehe. For sure i have lilypond in
PATH,;) but precompiled noteedit 2.3.2 says:

LilyPond check: detection not possible

while 2.3.5 says:

LilyPond check: found version: 2.1.6
WITHOUT semicolons.
WITH wavelines (for trills)
WITH slures in graces
NOTE LENGTHs after chords

I don't know why 2.3.2 can't find it.

> > chords are made this way: < g b > for example,
>
> .... and this is wrong ?

I was just telling. :) That is the 1.8+ way of doing things. So it's
ok.

regards,
joseluis