Re: constructive criticism

From: Dave Pawson
Subject: Re: constructive criticism
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 18:01:50 +0000

At 19:05 08/01/2004, François Pinard wrote:
[John Williams]
> Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> > Why not edit the texinfo source directly, and send a patch?

> You are asking the users to learn texinfo, diff and patch before they
> can help you.  And as someone else pointed out, if they install a prebuilt
> version, they don't even have the texinfo source.

I do not know if this may be organised, but what about pairing people:
one being good for documentation itself, with one being good with
technicalities like Texinfo, diff and patch.  The second would translate
the work of the first for easing integration in the distribution.  (I'm
not volunteering as either in these times, however.)

http://www.tldp.org/texi2db/

If the documentation were in docbook, its far more approachable
than texinfo (IMHO).

If someone would bundle the lilypond documentation up,
I'll have a first cut, see what you all think?

HTH daveP