PDF file problems after upgrading to 2.1.6

From: Nick Busigin
Subject: PDF file problems after upgrading to 2.1.6
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 21:33:36 -0500 (EST)

I upgraded one of my computers to run lilypond version 2.1.6 last night
and ran into a problem with the generated PDF files.  Most of the text
disappears.  I get the following message after exiting the xpdf viewer:

  Error: This document uses Type 3 fonts - some text may not be
         correctly displayed

I have no problem viewing the postscript files using gv.

FWIW, I'm running

  Debian Linux Woody
  gv version 3.5.8
  xpdf version  0.92

Did the earlier 2.1 version of lilypond use type 2 fonts?  If that's the
problem, is there a way of forcing lily to use type 2 fonts again?

                                   Nick

Nick Busigin                                             address@hidden
            Visit Our Indie Jazz CD Construction Project!