Re: Automatic reformatting \notes section utility?

From: Kieren Richard MacMillan
Subject: Re: Automatic reformatting \notes section utility?
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:49:30 -0500

Hello, Mats:

Amazing how often one and the same question pops up several times
during the same week. Did you see the following mail (with followups)?
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2004-01/msg00338.html

Actually, if you read closely, I believe Nick is asking something slightly different from what was discussed in the post(s) you're referencing...

Correct me if I'm wrong, Nick, but you were asking if the SOURCE (.ly) file can be [re-]arranged by a specified number of measures (of "source code") per line, not that the OUTPUT (.ps/.pdf) file has line breaks appropriately -- basically, a "pretty-printer", but measure-aware (!!).

I have been considering a solution and will build a prototype in AppleScript to test my algorithm; if it's clean, I'll try to port it to a *nix shell script.

Regards,
Kieren.