Trill endings

From: gilles
Subject: Trill endings
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 02:43:50 +0100

Hello.

I've just started using LilyPond.  Thanks a lot for such a nice (and Free)
software.

In my first copist work, I encountered a measure (in 4/4) which I tried to
represent with the
following code:

 c8 g g4^\trill ( \acciaccatura { f16[ g] ) } f8 c' c4^\trill ( \acciaccatura {
b16[ c] ) } | b8

Now, here the grace notes are used to figure how the trill ends (as I didn't
find out another
way to do it) and not as ornamentation of the following note.
For the first trill, which appears in the middle of the measure, the resulting
output is satisfactory;
but for the second (which is the last note in the measure), the "ending" (i.e.
the grace notes) are
taken over to the following measure, which is definitely not what I want.

Is there a right way to do this?

Also, in the sheet from which I'm copying, they put these "trill endings"
between parentheses.  Is
it possible to do that with LilyPond?

Best regards,

Gilles