Re: Hebrew Lyrics

From: Joerg Anders
Subject: Re: Hebrew Lyrics
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 09:13:45 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Aaron wrote:

> I installed an older version of noteedit and indeed I can type hebrew in
> but the converted lilypond file only has ???? ??? instead of hebrew.
>
> If the base of noteedit is pango it should be hebrew aware, hmn...

No, there's no pango, but Qt is as good as pango. I feel a solution.

Please make a try: In lilyexport.cpp near line  1594 is a
function "writeLyrics". At the and is:

  s.replace(whiteSpaces_, "_");
  removeExceptsFromString(&s, true);
  NResource::germanUmlautsToTeX(&s);
  out_ << s << ' ';

Change this to:

  s.replace(whiteSpaces_, "_");
  removeExceptsFromString(&s, true);
  /* NResource::germanUmlautsToTeX(&s); */
  out_ << s.utf8() << ' ';

If this doesn't help to:

  s.replace(whiteSpaces_, "_");
  removeExceptsFromString(&s, true);
  /* NResource::germanUmlautsToTeX(&s); */
  out_ << s.latin1() << ' ';

And if this doesn't help:

  s.replace(whiteSpaces_, "_");
  removeExceptsFromString(&s, true);
  /* NResource::germanUmlautsToTeX(&s); */
  out_ << s.unicode() << ' ';

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (address@hidden)