Re: having trouble finding a packaged version of Lilypond

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: having trouble finding a packaged version of Lilypond
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 23:38:11 -0700

Peter Dobratz wrote:

Hi all,

I first started using Lilypond during the 1.4.x days.  Looking over
some of my sources that I was in the middle of updating for Mutopia I
see \version 1.6.6 in the header.  Right now I'm at the point where I
want to get back to working on the sources and I can't seem to find a
suitable Lilypond install.  Let me first of all congratulate all the
developers on all their hard work.  Often Lilypond improves too fast
for me to keep up and with every new version there are quite a lot of
useful new features.

My primary system is Debian Unstable (i386), but the only version
available in the archive is 2.1.0 (which I assume is quite out of date
by now).

It's not clear how recent a version you want. I am running Debian unstable and I use the latest version, now 2.1.21, thanks to either Pedro Kroeger or Ferenc Wagner. This information is available by simply going to the Lily web site, http://lilypond.org/web/index.html and clicking on Download here under the version you want under 'News'. You will find the lines for your sources.list so you can apt-get.

Paul Scott