Re: lilypond-user faq, documentation, and small issues

From: Todd M. Zimnoch
Subject: Re: lilypond-user faq, documentation, and small issues
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:18:03 -0500

At 12:31 PM 2/10/2004, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
(Please use a setting in your email program to break the lines at
regular intervals. When I edit the reply to your email, each of your
items appears on a single long line).

I don't know if I have this fixed yet. I'm using Eudora for the moment (I think I'm going to switch e-mail readers again) and the options are set to line wrap at 72 characters. But my tests do not show that to actually be happening. :/

Also, one great source of information and examples is the "Tips and
Tricks" document as well as the "Regression test" document on
lilypond.org.

I personally found most of the "tips and tricks" to be too esoteric for my immediate needs, but that's just me.

Have you found http://www.mutopiaproject.org/ yet?

No, I hadn't, and I think it's quite interesting. I hope I'll find enough copious free time to contribute to it. For anyone that's interested, Edward Elgar died February 23rd, 1934, so his music will enter the public domain a week from Monday. I asked around and I found an 1899 printing of Variations! It was first performed in 1899, so I don't think they get any older than that. 57.95 UKP at Novello's site for the score.

        Thanks.  The rest of your advice was spot on.

-Todd