Re: Customizing jazz chord names

From: Laurent Martelli
Subject: Re: Customizing jazz chord names
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:47:34 +0100

  Nick> I am interested in changing the naming of jazz chords for some
  Nick> lead sheets we are working on.  For example, I'd like to use
  Nick> the following construct to print out chord names above a
  Nick> melody:

  Nick>   \context ChordNames \chords { a2:min7 fis:min7.5- g:9+
  Nick> e:m5-.7 }

  Nick> but with over-rides for a few of the default chord names.

I've built myself some custom chords stuff for my collection of jazz
tunes. You can find it at http://partoches.bearteam.org/. The chord
names stuff should be in chord-name.ly in the source tar.gz. I hope it
will be useful to you.

--
Laurent Martelli
address@hidden                                Java Aspect Components