emacs, umlauts, tabbing, ess-tset etc.

From: David Bobroff
Subject: emacs, umlauts, tabbing, ess-tset etc.
Date: 02 Mar 2004 13:36:14 +0000

It seems that for lyrics it is optional to escape the ".  It appears to
work either way.  The problem with *not* escaping them is that the auto
indent gets confused for anything input after that point in the *.ly
file.  Nor does auto-highlighting of enclosures i.e.: () [] {}, take
place.  That is inconvenient.

Using \ss{} doesn't work.  For some reason LilyPond fails to add space
after the ess-tset.

In this scenario I'm also getting occasional color confusion as well,
but I have not been able to reproduce it intentionally.  Someone else
has remarked about the "string" color continuing where it should not
have.

For this problem it seems that the simplest thing to do is to use
[german] and enter ess-tset as a real one (and treat the *.tex file to
sed) or as '\"s' and then remove the '\' before compiling the score (or
perhaps do the sed thing in this case as well).

-David