Re: add2 chords

From: Nick Busigin
Subject: Re: add2 chords
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 08:37:53 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Tiffany Weisman wrote:

> Currently C:2 gives Csus2. I would like Cadd2 in
> addition. The manual is not very helpful on how to
> customize chord names. Can someone help me with this?

Tiffany,

It's quite straightforward to redefine the chord definitions.  You can
find an example of this on the LilyPond regression page. For a practical
example, you can also take a look at a lead sheet for a song my wife
wrote and typeset with LilyPond:

http://www.songbirdofswing.com/selkirk_folio/balilli_island/lily/balilli_island.ly

Note, the above LilyPond file used version 2.1.6.  You may have to run
'convert-ly -e balilli_island.ly' to have it work with a later version.

Hope this helps.

                                    Nick

Nick Busigin                                             address@hidden
            Visit Our Indie Jazz CD Construction Project!