Re: Just a couple quick questions.

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Just a couple quick questions.
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 14:58:56 -0500

On Wednesday 24 March 2004 11:54, Lyle Raymond wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 March 2004 9:36 am, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> > Now that I look more carefully at the output you sent earlier,
> > it looks as if you try to set the header field 'pagenumber'
> > in your file. Is that right?
>
> I just discovered that the pagenumber field was the culprit.  Thanks
> for your patience.  But now a have a couple of quick followup
> questions...
>
> 1.  How does one add circled string numbers (as in guitar music)?

I hope this still works:

^\\!\\!$\\textcircled{1}

> 2.  I'm looking to stack dynamic markings; specifically, I need "mf"
> placed above "p," to signify a dynamic change when a section is
> repeated.  How is this accomplished?

Using markup, stack them with carets.  You won't get the midi anyway.

c^"2nd"^"ist"

Carcassi used fp several times, but I have it on the best authority
that f-p is used now.  Mozart used fp to mean something like
sforzato.  I'd use the dash, even for Carcassi.  daveA

--
Paying more at the gas pump?  Bush's Oil Sheikh Buddies, who support Al
Qaeda, Palestinian terrorists, & hate-U.S. school systems everywhere,