cygwin help

From: Aaron
Subject: cygwin help
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 23:46:56 +0300

Hi all,

I am trying to help a friend set up lilypond/cygwin on his system.

I don't have windows so it is a bit difficult for me.

I hope someone who has Cygwin/lilypond installed can help.

In the installation directions for Cygwin it says to run a bat file
found in the cygwin root directory. He cannot find such a .bat file.

What is the name of that bat file?

Also after installation no icon/menu items appear for cygwin. He has
WinXP.

Thanks
Aaron