RE: stanza and fontsize

From: Doug Asherman
Subject: RE: stanza and fontsize
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 08:16:10 -0700

Ruud van Silfhout wrote:
> In the 2.2.0 documentation, in the appendix describing all
> context properties, I see that 'stanza' is defined of type
> 'markup'. This gives me the impression that something like
> \set stanza = \markup { \huge "1. " }
> should work in a Lyrics context. However it does not.
> \set stanza = "1. "
> works, but in my case, the fontsize is too small.

What worked for me was:

\paper {
  \context {
    \LyricsContext
    \override StanzaNumber #'font-size = #2

You also seemed to be saying that you had to do resizing of each piece of markup by hand; if I'm not misunderstanding the problem, you could do something like:

\context {
  \ScoreContext
  \override TextScript #'font-size = #2
}