Re: Common Headings in Large Pieces

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: Common Headings in Large Pieces
Date: 10 May 2004 14:18:25 +0000

If I'm understanding the problem correctly I solved this for myself
like  this:

First I set up several files;

-- contains all of the musical information (notes, keys)

-- contains individualized information for all of the parts, instrument
names etc.

axA = "Instrument One"
axB = "Instrument Two"
axC = "Instrument Three"
axD = "Intrument Four"

"ax" is a convenient abbreviation for me.  It is slang for "instrument"
at least among Americans.  I also used the '' file to set up
clefs as I wanted to be able to change the instrumentation.

Then there is each part's score file which looks like this;

\include "" % includes the definitions for all parts
ax = \axA               % selects which instrument
\include ""% includes all musical information

\score { \notes {
    \set Score.skipBars = ##t
         \paper {

I used decriptors like 'staffA' 'axA' etc, so I could re-use the code
with different '' files.