TortoiseCVS access to lilypond archive. Any experiences?

From: Ruud van Silfhout
Subject: TortoiseCVS access to lilypond archive. Any experiences?
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 11:59:48 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to set up a TortoiseCVS lilypond repository on a cygwin
environment,
but I can't get it to work.
I just installed TotoiseCVS, so it could be some 'install' problem, OTOH I
checked out
TortoiseCVS, just to see if things seem to work and it checked out nicely.
I made a Sandbox and I want to add a lilypond Module to it.
On the lilypond development page I found the link to savannah, and there I
found
that you need the comand
'cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/lilypond co lilypond'
doing this by hand works.
But now I want to configure TortoiseCVS to do the same. So I added
':ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/lilypond' as the CVSROOT for the
module
but it fails with:
CVSROOT=:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/lilypond

cvs [server aborted]: "import" requires write access to the repository

Error, CVS operation failed

How can I instruct TortoiseCVS to operate correctly?

Regards,
Ruud van Silfhout