Re: Miscellaneous quesiotns

From: Olivier Cloirec
Subject: Re: Miscellaneous quesiotns
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 17:15:11 +0200

On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 13:32, LEGRAND Jean-Marc wrote:
> Hi everybody !
> Bonjour tout le monde !
>
> Very glad to reach this mailing list : I've beginning with Lilypond2.0 since
> 3 months, and
> discovered some tricks on my own, but I still very depend on what you know
> about it ! So, a few
> questions :
>
> 1. I'd like to edit some of my music in lanscape layout : what should I do ?
Insert orientation = landscape in your \paper block like this:
\paper {
  orientation = landscape
}

> 2. I'd like to use ancient musical object in baroque music (I'm "lilyponding"
> Marin MARAIS pieces
> for the viol), that don't appear in Lilypond libraries. How can I create my
> own libraries ? (just
> like in FIANLE, where you can get such issue) ?
I don't know a lot about this (I don't use it) but I think it's possible
to do it (I will refer to the doc)
> 3. I'm looking around to produce cheap musical edition, especially in baroque
> music, which is very
> expensive. I'm thinking about a Handbook like edition. Am I allowed to use
> Lilypond for commercial
> purposes ?
The GPL licence prohibits to redistribute a part of the *lilypond code*
under another licence. But what you wrote by your own belongs to you.

> And now, a trick :
>
> I couldn't manage to include properly grace notes without messing up the
> general page layout (pb
> with length of measures). To avoid this, I indicate
> \property Score.timing = ##f  in the \note block and put the bars where I
> want, regardless the real
> length of my measures. It's very usefull with ancient music, where the global
> beat was not always
> respected. I've not tested yet, but I think that doesn't match the MIDI
> behavior at all !
Have to try it

> Au revoir !

Bye, see you