Re: to embed

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: to embed
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 13:49:39 +0200

If you consider a web server where the users also can run
lilypond on the files, I hope you have thought about the
possible security problems. There is a flag --safe-mode to
lilypond, but you should be aware of that it (at least not
yet) provides full security.

   /Mats

Aaron wrote:
Hi all,

I am looking for a web based solution (editor) to access lilypond files
the more userfriendly the better.

I am building a web application based on Zope (read python) and need a
way to let users of my project create lilypond files, edit them, correct
them etc. This is all from a web application. Ideally I would like some
python based editor that I can embed. I probably don't need all the
functionalyity of emacs and vim because my application will send the
files to lilypond or lilypon-book for pdf/dvi/ps/png generation.
What is important is colorization and completion of common lilypond
actions. This should be something that will be embedded in the webpage
and not as a popup editor. (I don't want to call up vim or emacs- they
may not have it on their system)

I remember someone posting an editor which was a few windows that you
click on a notes, clef etc and it writes the page. While this isn't
really what I am thinking of it might be an idea. I can't remember what
its  called or a find a link to it.

Thanks
Aaron

        Mats Bengtsson