Re: LilyPond not workin... (take 3...)

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: LilyPond not workin... (take 3...)
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 18:01:39 +0200

It looks as if the setup.exe program has failed to install
all the necessary packets in Cygwin. Often it helps to just
rerun setup.exe once again. Make sure that the packages
tetex-tiny, tetex-bin and python are selected (they should be
but it seems that Cygwin has had some problems with the
setup.exe program recently).

  /Mats

korneel bernolet wrote:
Hello!

I've got a few questions about LilyPond.
1- My OS is Windows XP Professional. I downloaded from the site http://www.lilypond.org the latest stable release 2.2.1, selected LilyPond under the item Packages (like you described on the web), left the rest Default and installed it (on another pc without internet!). BUT: It doesn't work. Everything is installed well (I hope so... I did it several times with the same result).

-When I open Cygwin bash, the first line of my command window is: bash: kpsexpand: command not found. I don't think this is normal...

-When I double click a *.ly-file, a popup message appears with the following text: "Create an association in the Folder Options Panel". When I went to the Folder Options panel, I didn't saw LilyPond nor Cygwin in the list of applications.

-But, the icon of any *.ly-file on my pc looks as follows:
|--------|   *.ly (*=name of the file)
| iicon |    LilyPond source
|--------|    x KB (*=size of the file)

- When I type in Cygwin the following: lilypond, a text line appears on my screen with this text: bash: /usr/bin/lilypond: /bin/python: bad interpreter: No such file in directory.

I'm really excited about LilyPond (however I'm a loyal Finale user...), but if it would work...

Maybe you can send me a mail with ALL instructions from the beginning trough the end for what I have to do. If it could, send it in Dutch (I'm 15 years old from Belgium!)

Looking forward to use LilyPond!
Greetz,
Korneel Bernolet.

ps: I sent this mail first to Han-Wen Nienhuys (I'm sorry, I didn't notice this address, I went directly to the autors list!)

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology