Re: Lyrics, Tab, Titles - simple questions

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Lyrics, Tab, Titles - simple questions
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 16:21:43 +0200

se.e wrote:
Hi all!
I'm a new Lilypond user and I've some very simple questions for you.

1) Titles -- I have:
tagline= "copyright©2004"

Why in the .pdf '©' is only a 'c' (there's no circle)? This don't works with
'®' too.

It works fine here. I hope you use a text editor that saves the file
in latin1 encoding (also called ISO 8859-1).
As an alternative, you can use the LaTeX command
tagline= "copyright\\copyright{}2004"

2) Tablature --
if I've a chord (ex. {<<d a d'>>} ), in the .pdf there is a line cross the
numbers, why? And...is it possible to choose line-up or line-down (from the
number)?

I leave tablature questions to others.

3) Lyrics -- in the manual (page 24) there are tips for melody, lyrics and
chords. I've made something like this:

\score { \notes {
 <<
{ \time 4/4 \clef violin \key g \major
 s2. d'8 d'8
 d'2 d'4 e'8 g'8
 g'2. }
 \lyricsto "" \new Lyrics \lyrics
 { Oh the  win __ter }
 \new ChordNames
 \chords { s2. d4 g1 }

But now I've the lyrics (with the chords) above (not below) the melody,
where I'm wrong?

Always name the Voice context explicitly when you use \lyricsto:

\score { \notes {
 <<
\context Voice = melody { \time 4/4 \clef violin \key g \major
 s2. d'8 d'8
 d'2 d'4 e'8 g'8
 g'2. }
 \lyricsto melody \new Lyrics \lyrics
 { Oh the  win __ter }
 \new ChordNames
 \chords { s2. d4 g1 }

}}

4) Posting here -- for a new thread I've just to send an e-mail to
address@hidden but, to reply to an opened thread what can I do (on the
web page there is just 'reply via e-mail to ...')? (I can't find something
like 'reply to the list')
You mean if you find an email in the mailing list archives and want to
do a followup? That's a limitation in the mailing list archives
software, but it's as easy as adding a
Cc: address@hidden

For emails that you receive in your inbox, just do Reply All instead of
Reply.

   /Mats