Re: Lyrics, Tab, Titles - simple questions

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Lyrics, Tab, Titles - simple questions
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 17:01:47 +0200

The simple solution to your problems may be that you only
have the minimal installation of teTeX (the TeX/LaTeX distribution)
in Cygwin. This is what you get when you install LilyPond.
Try to rerun setup.exe and mark that you want also the package
tetex-base installed. This should hopefully solve your problems.

Your files from notepad should work well, just as the wordpad in
text mode. Note that the file is just a plain text file, that
doesn't even have the concept of font selection in it.

Regarding the tablature, I think you have misunderstood the
purpose of the \stem* macros. \stemUp, for example, means that
all following stems should point upwards. Try it in an ordinary
music stave and you'll see what I mean. As far as I can see,
this doesn't work in tablature, which looks like a bug to me.

   /Mats