Re: Need help with installation

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Need help with installation
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 12:53:25 +0200

What happens if you click on the Cygwin icon (or start menu item)
to start a command window and then type the command
in it?

If it says something like "Command not found", you have not managed
to select the lilypond package when you ran setup.exe.
When you have clicked on Next a number of times to reach the page "Select Packages", make sure that it says Category after the View button
and click on Publishing in the list. If you have already managed to
install the lilypond package, the line with the lilypond package
should say 2.2.2-1 in the column "Current" and "Keep" in the column "New".
If it says "Skip" or something else in the "New column, click on the
round arrows until it says 2.2.2-1 (at least that's the option I get
here when I try it today).

Peter LaBorde wrote:

I have already downloaded LilyPond twice, following the instructions to the letter, but the installation does not work. There is no test.log file to send you so I send you two other ones that may have information. Quite frankly, I don't see how my computer could launch since it doesn't know what program should run a file. Also, the instructions say that test.log will be found in the same folder as, but the instructions told me to save to the Desktop (???).

Just to make sure, is this supposed to be the contents of

% This file has ledger lines and a slur

\score { \notes { c4-(  c4-) } }

Thanks for any help,

lilypond-user mailing list