Re: Methods of working

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Methods of working
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:25:01 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> A not-too-complicated 4-voice TTBB piece with lyrics usually enters at
> about 2 hours a page for me, at the moment.

The numbers that I hear surpise me much. For (admittedly: simple)
polyphonic pieces (eg. mozart, gabrieli), I do about 4 to 5 pages per
hour; Usually, I don't even use point-and-click. I enter each
polyphonic line separately, matching linebreaks in the manuscript and
the .ly source (this helps debugging a lot). I also use plenty octave
and barchecks. During debugging, I only process the voice I'm
entering, and leave out the others.