Re: sharing our .ly

From: Benjamin Esham
Subject: Re: sharing our .ly
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 09:59:33 -0400

On Jul 9, 2004, at 9:33 AM, Erik Sandberg wrote:

On Friday 09 July 2004 13.12, Jean-marc LEGRAND wrote:

I think it would be profitable for all of us that we share our .ly : to
my mind, full examples could be a good help for all of us.
What do you think of creating a "your .ly" list in the lilypond site, with clue words that describe the form, the different tricks used , and so on ?

Mutopia (www.mutopiaproject.org) works quite well for this purpose, IMHO.. though it focuses on music, not lilypond tricks. Apart from that, you can
look at regression tests & the Tips and Tricks section.

Do you think that anything more is needed?

Perhaps we could do something like the Vim project tips section [1]-- it's quite helpful for finding little tips and tricks that other people have posted. I think it would most likely be just as helpful if we set up one for Lilypond snippets.

(Something just occured to me: don't we have a wiki set up? Would it make more sense just to use that for little snippets of code, since it's already set up?)

[1]  http://vim.sourceforge.net/tips/index.php

--
Benjamin D. Esham      {      http://bdesham.net
address@hidden      }      AIM: bdesham 1 2 8