Re: font problem with lilypond > 2.3.8

From: Herman Grootaers
Subject: Re: font problem with lilypond > 2.3.8
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 12:31:20 +0200 (CEST)

> Hi All,
>
> When compiling lilypond 2.3.9 or 2.3.10 from source, everything
> compiles fine, but when I run the program, I get the following error:
>
> Parsing...
> Interpreting music... error: can't find `feta20.afm'
> Music font has not been installed properly.  Aborting
>
> The font was traced properly and does exist in:
>
> /usr/local/share/lilypond/2.3.10/fonts/afm
>
> I can confirm this on both my desktop machine (running Fedora) and my
> laptop (running gentoo).  Lilypond 2.3.8 compiles and runs fine
> without the error.  Any suggestions on what the problem may be?

I got the same results as you got, both in 2.3.9 and 2.3.10, but I
installed the ec-fonts version 1.0.2 from the font-downloads to solve
it, at least in 2.3.10. The 1.0.3-fonts are not compatible, so I
wonder what the difference is between them. FYI, I am not working at
my normal station so I can not investigate this difference.

There is however a strange thing with those files. They claim they are
unicode compatible, but when I compile a russian i.e. in cyrrilic text
the output is not the wanted text, but it contains extra letters, but
in not-cyrrilic letters although they are slavic for the
Balkan-countries.

--
Herman Grootaers

 Nog geen FIREWALL. Neem eens contact op met address@hidden
Deze email komt van een systeem die beheerd wordt door.
   "http://www.wasol.org  / "
Neem eens contact op via address@hidden /