Re: Creating Lead Sheets

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Creating Lead Sheets
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 00:33:02 -0700

Lyle Raymond wrote:

I've searched all available documentation and I can't find a good summary of the nomenclature for chord symbols, beyond simple maj, min, 7th, and dim.

For example, I'm having a difficult time with chords like X6/9 and X7b9.

Isn't there a source which provides this information? I think the online documentation could really benefit from a chart of chord symbols. All the examples I've seen that use more complex chords only generate the chord symbol from notes within "<>". I need to generate chord symbols independently of the music on the staff.
It seems to me there is enough documentation in lilypond-docs under
Notation manual/Chord Names and links from there and under Tips and Tricks.

This at least true for 2.2.5 and beyond.

X6/9 is X:6.9 and X7b9 would be X:7.9-

HTH

Paul Scott