Re: pagebreak one line too early

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: pagebreak one line too early
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 16:55:40 -0700

I just tried Mats' example in 2.3.11, and it worked (with and without
commenting that line).  I tried an example of mine that hadn't been
working, and it also worked.  This prompted some more investigation.

\pageBreak appears to work perfectly within lilypond (ie "lilypond"),
but it fails in lilypond-book.  Inside lilypond-book, it appears to
create a newline without forcing a new page. The music proceeds onto the
pagebreak that's within one or two lines from the bottom of the page,
but while I was investigating this, I accidentally placed the \pageBreak
about 8 lines from the bottom of the page; it produced the \Break and
then had 8 more lines before the new page.

The following file demonstrates this; save Mats' example as

\usepackage[lmargin=1.5cm,rmargin=1.5cm,bmargin=1.5cm,tmargin=2.0cm,nofo ot,bindingoffset=0.5cm]{geom

(the margins are set to ensure that the music would all fit onto one
page if it didn't have any pagebreaks)

- Graham