automatic piano reduction

From: Felix Jaacks
Subject: automatic piano reduction
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:43:16 +0200

Hello,

I am working on a Haendel Aria and already entered the string's notes.
There is a piano reduction in the score as well and I wonder wether
there is a way to merge the Violins and the Viola to a right hand piano
staff.

I tried to copy all events of Lilypond's midi output into one track but
midi2ly does not work with different voices. Sometimes I need two
different voices and sometimes there are just chords.

If there is no way, I have to typeset the piano staff and this is much work!

Thank you for your replies.

Felix Jaacks

PS: I have Lilypond 2.2.5 on Debian Linux