Re: another fingering question

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: another fingering question
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 23:33:51 +0100

In message <address@hidden>, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> writes
If I get the time, I'll code it myself (I want to learn) but what it
would need is some way of specifying the fundamental note (eg for a
trumpet I would choose concert B flat below middle C), and once you've

Try writing a music function, which takes the fundamental as an extra
argument.

I'd have to add the fundamental as some staff property or whatever - just like you specify "\transpose" I'd specify the fundamental there.

So's I would just modify the notehead engraver or similar, and it would say "if the note is x semitones above the fundamental, then the fingering is y".

I don't know whether I'd be better off hard-coding the entire range of notes - about three octaves or more - or specifying all the open notes then specifying the fingering from the open note above.

Cheers,
Wol
as Lies-to-People.