Re: help with melisma and autobeaming

From: Russ Ross
Subject: Re: help with melisma and autobeaming
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 18:27:52 +0100

Thanks for the tip.  What I ended up doing was writing a script to
introduce a new syntax.  I find \melisma ... \melismaEnd quite
cumbersome so I now use [[ to start a melisma and ]] to end it.  The
Makefile runs it through a simple perl script to convert foo[[ into
\autoBeamOn foo\melisma and ]] into \melismaEnd \autoBeamOff before
feeding it to LilyPond.

I wish I'd done that a long time ago.

- Russ