Re: german ss or \"s

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: german ss or \"s
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 10:27:55 +0200

You didn't say what version of LilyPond you use, neither what
operating system or text editor you have.

In all recent versions, it should work to just insert the plain ß or
directly in the .ly file. However, this requires that your text
editor save the file using Latin1 encoding (also called ISO 8859-1).
If you have LilyPond version 2.2.x or older, you may also use the
LaTeX commands, just replace each backslash with a double backslash.
Since the double quote " is also used to delimit strings, the \"s
requires some extra care. First of all, you should enclose the full
syllable in double quotes, than you should add an extra backslash
both before the backslash and before the " like
"thi\\\"s"

  /Mats

address@hidden wrote:
Hi,
I was enjoying the deepest peace with my computer, using lilypond, till
just now, searching nervously for the ß (german ss, or scharf s, latex
\"s)
I tried all codes for this charakter, but no one ansewered with the
beloved scharf s that my heart so much desires.
Who can help me?
Thanks in advance!
Fran\{c}cois Planiol-Auger
Church musician