Re: Dotted phrasing slur

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Dotted phrasing slur
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 00:44:33 +0200

On Thursday 30 September 2004 00.00, Jeffrey Philpott wrote:
> I've got the same problem as described in the digest of 25.07.04.
>
> Using the example from Schubert doesn't seem to work for slurs, only for
> beaming.
> So exactly HOW do I start tweaking the melismaBusyProperties so that I
> can use a dotted slur and at the same time turn off the melisma?

The melisma engine treats dotted slurs the same way as solid slurs.

Perhaps the easiest way to do it, is to turn off all slurs in
melismaBusyProperties, and manually insert skips in lyrics where appropriate.

Another way could be to use new scripts like (untested)
dottedSlur = {\set melismaBusyProperties = #'(melismaBusy) \slurDotted}
solidSlur = {\unset melismaBusyProperties \slurSolid }

Hope this helps,
Erik