Re: 2.3.20 doesn't work :-(

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: Re: 2.3.20 doesn't work :-(
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 00:22:35 +0200

Hello list, hello Jan,

Thank You for answering so fast!
Unfortunately it's no help to me (maybe, I cannot understand correct.)
:-(

You wrote:

> Roland Goretzki writes:
>
> >     lilypond: Symbol `kpse_format_info' has different size in shared
> > object, consider re-linking
>
> This suggests that you installed a precompiled binary that does not
> match your (tex) platform.  (It could also be that the builder of the
> binary does not have an up to date tex installation.)

Pardon, I've forgotten to tell, that I've fetched 2.3.20 from Pedro
Krögers website, and now I've the following new .deb's correct
installed on both, my debian-unstable-System and my debian-sid-System:

    lilypond_2.3.20-1.wf.2_i386.deb
    lilypond-data_2.3.20-1.wf.2_all.deb
    lilypond-doc_2.3.20-1.wf.2_all.deb
    ec-fonts-mftraced_1.0.5-1_all.deb

On both systems, there's the same tex installation:

    TeX (Web2C 7.4.5) 3.14159
    kpathsea version 3.4.5

Meanwhile I've updated the tetex on the unstable, the versions are the
same and the problem ist the same, too.

I thought, the .deb-packages have no precompiled binaries.
Isn't this correct?

Please try again to help ... :)

Best Regards           Roland