Re: Spacing Dynamics

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Spacing Dynamics
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:50:09 +0200

The problem you have found is clearly a bug and it has already been
fixed in the development version. Waiting for the next stable release,
2.4.0 to appear very soon, I wouldn't expect any more bug fixes to the
2.2.x series, but as a workaround, you could add some spaces at the
beginning of the "cresc.":
\set crescendoText = \markup { \italic "  cresc." }

   /Mats

(Brett, Please keep the discussion on the mailing list, for the
benefit of yourself since you get access to the collected
expertise on the list and for the benefit of others who experience
similar problems.)

Brett Duncan wrote:
I'm new to Lilypond, so this may be a dumb question!

On a piece that I'm trying to set out, the composer has indicated at a
particular note (slurred to the next) that the note should be forte but
also that a crescendo (text, not hairpin) starts from this note.

I duly put in

\setTextCresc aes16\f(\< g)\!

- the 'f' appears over the beginning of 'cresc.'.

How do I put some space between these two things?

TIA

Brett

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing