update lyric problem

From: Maurits Lamers
Subject: update lyric problem
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:10:30 +0200

Hi all,

Here a small update on my lyrics problem.

I divided the two parts of the score (the one with a single voice and the one with multiple voices) into two \score blocks. It solved nothing. Even worse: it is now impossible to get the lyrics for the first voice in the right place.

I tried the satb.ly solution, but that didn't do anything, except "cannot find Voice ..."
When I tried to run the satb.ly itsel, I got nothing except:

lilypond (GNU LilyPond) 2.2.5
Running lilypond-bin...
Now processing `satb.ly'
Parsing...

lilypond: warning: no LilyPond output found for `satb'
Running ...
Running dvips...lilypond: error: `dvips' failed (status 1)
lilypond: error: The error log is as follows:
This is dvips(k) 5.92b Copyright 2002 Radical Eye Software (www.radicaleye.com)
dvips: ! DVI file can't be opened.
lilypond: warning: Failed to make PS file. Rerun with --verbose for a trace.

Also running convert-ly didn't solve this:

convert-ly (GNU LilyPond) 2.2.5
Processing `satb.ly' ... Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/sw/bin/convert-ly", line 2222, in ?
    do_one_file (f)
  File "/sw/bin/convert-ly", line 2143, in do_one_file
    from_version = str_to_tuple (guess)
  File "/sw/bin/convert-ly", line 91, in str_to_tuple
    return tuple (map (string.atoi, string.split (s,'.')))
  File "/sw/lib/python2.2/string.py", line 225, in atoi
    return _int(s, base)
 Four-part (SATB) vocal scoreor int(): 0"

Anyone an idea how to set the lyrics to the right staff without using a PianoStaff context ??

The code of the multiple voice part looks like this:

\score {
\notes
   \context StaffGroup <<

        \context Staff = eerstestem <<
                 \notes \relative c' {
                        \time 3/4
                        \key g \major
                        \clef treble

                        <<
                                \context Voice = melodie \relative c' {

                                \partial 4
d4 | g g8 a g fis | e4 e e | a4 a8 b a g | fis4 d d | b'4 b8 c b a | g4 e d8 d | e4 a fis | g2 d4 | g g g | fis2 fis4 | g fis e | d2 a'4 |
                                b4 a8 a g g | d'4 d, d8 d | e4 a fis | b g c |
a d b
                                }

                                \lyrics \lyricsto "melodie" \new Lyrics {
                                We wish you a mer -- ry Christ -- mas, we wish
you a
                                mer -- ry Christ -- mas, we wish you a mer --
ry Christ -- mas
and a hap -- py new year. Glad ti -- dings we bring to you and your kin.
                                We wish you a mer -- ry Christ -- mas and a hap
-- py new year.

        \context Staff = stemtwee {
                \notes \relative c'{
                        \key g \major
                        \time 3/4
                        \clef treble
                        <<
                                \context Voice = stemtwee {
                                        \notes \relative c' {
                                        \partial 4
                                        d4 | g, b d | e e8 d c b | a4 c e | fis
fis8 e d c | b4 d fis |
                                        g g8 fis e d | c4 a d | g,2 d'4 | g,8 a
b c d e | fis4. e8 d4 |
                                        b2 cis4 | d2 a'4 | b a g | d' d, d | e
a fis | b g c | a d b

                                \lyrics \lyricsto "stemtwee" \new Lyrics {
                                        We wish you a mer -- ry Christ -- mas,
we wish you a
                                        mer -- ry Christ -- mas, we wish you a
mer -- ry Christ -- mas
and a hap -- py new year. Glad ti -- dings we bring to you and your kin.
                                        We wish you a mer -- ry Christ -- mas
and a hap -- py new year.

\paper {

Thanks in advance !