Re: Accidentals using a different font to notate microtonal music

From: D Josiah Boothby
Subject: Re: Accidentals using a different font to notate microtonal music
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:59:08 -0700

Prent Rodgers wrote:

I've been studying the Sagittal font (http://users.bigpond.net.au/d.keenan/sagittal/) lately. It solves many of my problems composing for microtonal scales. In a typical piece of mine, I might use as many as 21 or more different accidentals. Is there a way to take advantage of this in LilyPond?

Probably, but I suspect that would be something that a firm understanding of (La)TeX would help with. Sorry to be so vague on this, but I'd also like to see an answer to your question.

Could someone experienced with Scheme be able to show me how to expand the accidental support from its current level to 40-50 different ones?

Again, I'd love to see an answer for this also.

Josiah