ragged-right lines with lilypond-book in lilypond 2.2?

From: Ben Crowell
Subject: ragged-right lines with lilypond-book in lilypond 2.2?
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 15:08:48 -0500

After upgrading from lilypond 2.0 to 2.2, I've been trying to get
my book to compile again, and I think I've solved all the problems
except that all my music now gets typeset ragged right. The following
is a minimal example.

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
\begin{lilypond}
c'4 d' e' f' | c'4 d' e' f' | c'4 d' e' f' |
c'4 d' e' f' | c'4 d' e' f' | c'4 d' e'2 |
c'4 d' e' f' | c'4 d' e' f' | c'4 d' e' f' |
\end{lilypond}
\end{document}

Can anyone suggest a workaround, confirm that this is actually a bug,
or tell me if the problem would be solved by upgrading to lilypond
2.3? I browsed the mailing list archives for the last few months,
and the only thing that appeared relevant was this:
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2004-10/msg00088.html
Is this referring to the same problem?

Thanks in advance for any help!