Re: dots astray

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: dots astray
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:19:42 -0400

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 06:18 am, Erik Sandberg wrote:
> On Monday 11 October 2004 10.44, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> > To those who know this better; the results are the same with 2.2.5
and
> > 2.3.22. What confuses me most is that it doesn't help to add a
> > \voiceFour in the lower voice or a \voiceThree in the upper part,
> > the single upper note will still get the same horizontal position as
> > the chord.
>
> What about the other issues? I don't know enough about typesetting to
be sure
> about how it should be done. Should dots be stacked when they collide,
as
> they are in bars 3 & 4?

That's the traditional way, but it can't always work.

> And should really all dots be placed to the right of
> the rightmost note of the same beat, if there is space to the left as
well?

Yes, unless there is the welcome innovation of a zero tuplet
bracket, which could solve several other problems as well.  It is always
possible to write the dotted notes as two tied notes.  daveA

--
The "information economy" is a fantasy.  Information about what?
The "global economy" is a myth.  All economics is local.