Getting started mentions \score, \notes

From: Luise Marion Frenkel
Subject: Getting started mentions \score, \notes
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 07:31:59 -0200 (BRST)

On

http://lilypond.org/web/download/#2.4

in the link 'Getting started'

one is redirected to

http://lilypond.org/web/download/getting-started.html

where test.ly ist mentioned as:

     \score { \notes { c4-(  c4-) } }

I had some problems installing Pedro's and Feri's packages (in the end I
managed to apt-get those from Pedro), and so I mechanically just copied
this test.ly. Obviously it did not work. Thankfully I use to read the
user and devel list, so I soon remembered the syntax change, and got the
right test.ly from

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Running-LilyPond-for-the-first-time.html#Running-LilyPond-for-the-first-time

Yet I think it is a mistake a newbie can easily do, because of the
following text (in http://lilypond.org/web/download/#2.4)

When we have whetted your appetite for LilyPond, then this is the
  right page. Click the download links for the platform of your choice,
  and go onto Getting started.

HTH

Luise