Re: Staff.VerticalExtent in lilypond 2.4.0?

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Staff.VerticalExtent in lilypond 2.4.0?
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 08:39:46 -0700

Cameron Horsburgh wrote:

Dominik Baenninger wrote:

In earlier versions of lilypond (e.g. 2.2.6) I reduced the space between
the staffs with

\score {
   << \set Staff.minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-1 . 1 )
      \set Staff.VerticalExtent = #'(-1 . 1 )
      \hornOneNotes>>}

From the manual of 2.4.0 I learned that Staff.VerticalExtent does not

exist anymore. In which way can I reduce spaces between staffs? If I use

score {
   << \set Staff.minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-1 . 1 )
      \hornOneNotes>>}

As the manual says, then I can only increase but not decreas the space
between the staffs.

Has anyone an idea?

Dominik

I too have had this problem. Does anyone have any ideas how to reduce the space between staves? I have a piece where about five of the parts have a single orphan staff on page two, but this command doesn't seem to fix the problem.

The general idea is covered in "7.5.11 Page layout." The spacing is getting much smarter and was improved in 2.4.0. Some of the control is with "raggedbottom" and "raggedlastbottom" as well as other variables in that section. It is still not working completely as I will report elsewhere but it does solve many problems.

HTH,

Paul Scott