Re: \tempo note = other note

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: \tempo note = other note
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:13:16 +0100

Paul Scott wrote:
Something that is almost as common as \tempo as defined in LilyPond is the ability to equate a time value in the next section equal to some time value in the preceding section as:

<quarter note> = <eighth note>

1.  Can someone show a simple way to do this now?

I think you can adopt the \markup command in J L's email to get what you
want.

2.  This would be very useful if built into the current \tempo feature.

Yes, but then we need some other syntax since
\tempo 4 = 8
currently means 8 beats per second.

3. The current tempo feature uses too large a font. Can this be changed by the user?
How about
  \override Score.MetronomeMark #'font-size = #-2

   /Mats