Re: Accidental clash

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Accidental clash
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:51:52 +0100

It seems that there is a separate object called AccidentalPlacement
that handles the actual positioning (probably to be able to align
several accidentals in different voices). Try setting right-padding
of that object instead.

   /Mats

dax2 wrote:

    I am sorry to bother you again, List! But again I am at a dead
end. I have been scanning Documentation/user for Accidental,
accidental, and I found

    Accidental
print-function
inside-slur
cautionary-style etc.

    Accidental-placement-interface
left-padding
padding
right-padding

    AccidentalPlacement
right-padding (dimension, in staff space) [same as above]

    ---

so I tried this:

        \override Voice.Stem #'beamed-extreme-minimum-free-lengths = #'(1.5
1.51.5)
        \override Accidental #'padding = #'2.0
        \override Accidental #'right-padding = #'2.0
        \override Accidental #'left-padding = #'2.0
        b,8           ais,     b,     g,
        b,8           ais,     b,     g,

and it translates, generates nice notes but the accidental will
not move! so there is no change when I add padding (one at a time,
many sizes of padding values etc.) What am I doing wrong?

I am tired and there is probably something completely self-evident
which I have overlooked. A friendly hint would be appreciated!

By the way Chopin players will recognize beginning of prelude 2,
the "snake-like progression of somebody out of balance".

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology